Daily Events from our Three's and Four's Classroom

Daily Events from our Three's and Four's Classroom

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What a happy way to spend my birthday!!  I think the kids were just as excited as I was!!  There had all sorts of questions about when my "party" would start and if my mom would bring cookies or cupcakes!  It turns out that Ms. Ellen took care of everything.....cake and cookies!!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

The rain finally stopped and Mr. Jimmy got rid of all the puddles under the equipment.....so outside we went for some fresh air!  We really missed the playground yesterday!!

Today's book was The Crunching Munching Caterpillar by Sheridan Cain and Jack Tickle.  This is a story about a little caterpillar who wishes he could fly.  He envies the Bumblebee for his wings, and really wants to soar through the air like Bird.  He crunches and munches along as they all tell him he wasn't meant to fly!  His friend Butterfly comes along, and smiles a secret smile when he tells him to keep dreaming because sometimes dreams come true!!  The kids all predicted correctly.....Caterpillar turned into a butterfly and his dream came true.....he could fly!

We watched a great video....that the kids LOVED....that showed a real caterpillar spinning a chrysalis and hatching into a butterfly!  There were several requests to watch it multiple times!!

For art, we made the cutest Bug Hats and then we re-enacted the caterpillar to butterfly process.  I hate we didn't video it.....we could have had our own You Tube sensation!!

There was a definite hurry to get to lunch....the kids know how this birthday thing works!  So, we lit the candles on the cake and sang BEFORE we ate.  The cake and cookies were used as a reward for little people AFTER they ate their lunch!  You might have noticed your child's lunchbox was more empty than usual.....needless to say the plan worked!

Thank you so much for making my birthday extra special!  It is amazing that I get to call what I do with your children "work"!  I am truly blessed to have found a way to share my talent and have fun everyday!  Thank you for that opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment